Monday, May 23, 2011

Armchair BEA - HEY BUDDIES!

An intro to me! I told you I might be able to get one up. The good news is that I finished my Biology final. The even better news is that I think I did okay. Anyway, like most everyone else I have a horrible time introducing myself, but I'll give it my best shot. I'm just gonna run with this.

I've been book blogging for three or four years and was introduced to it by a friend of mine who had a book blog. (Funny thing: I actually read the girl's blog before I met her. And then when I met her I had no idea it was the same person. Life is weird.) I blog about YA books because that's where my heart lies. I read adult novels and I read children's books, but I always come back around to YA. I love the push and pull of it, the relationships and the angst and the very very personal feel of the stories. Though what I read more than anything else is contemporary/realistic YA, I also have a love for dystopian and science fiction.



A few book-related facts about me.


The last absolutely amazing book I read: Odd Girl Out, by Rachel Simmons (nonfiction.)
Favorite-ever novel: Gone With the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell (classic.)
First YA book I read: The Truth About Forever, by Sarah Dessen (contemporary.)
The last book I read: My Life, the Theater, and Other Tragedies, by Allen Zadoff (ya contemporary.)
Number of books in my TBR pile: 34

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting the biology final done. I am done with school (I hope, although I said that after my undergrad too). I have been following since before Armchair BEA, but figured a hello and good job on the intro was in order.

    ReplyDelete