Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday Ten: Books I Wanna Read

This week's topic from The Broke and the Bookish (Top Ten Books That are On the Top of My TBR List for Fall) is one I'm taking in a different direction. As far as books currently on my shelves to read (which is what I consider my TBR list), I don't have much more than that. And my wishlist has books from ALL OVER THE PLACE on it, but still I'm going to talk about the top books on my wishlist and maybe this will motivate me to actually acquire and read them? OH, PLANS!

Five Not-Yet-Out Books (in no real order):
1. The List
Siobhan Vivian
(April 2012)
It may or may not interest you to know that the last Siobhan Vivian book I read was her debut, which was so so so great and everything, but now I feel bad about not reading her other books. This one sounds incredible though and I'm so jazzed about it already.

2. A Million Suns
Beth Revis
(January 2012)
AHHHHH!!!! I have more excitement and hopes for this trilogy as a whole than I maybe ever have for a series, and definitely a non-contemporary series. I think the overall story is going to end up great.

3. The Disenchantments
Nina LaCour
(February 2012)
I liked LaCour's first novel (Hold Still) so much that probably she could write an alphabet book and I would buy it. I don't even care what this book is about, really. And look at that cover! Those sunglasses! That title! OMG.

4. Being Friends With Boys
Terra Elan McVoy
(May 2012)
This one doesn't even have a cover on Goodreads yet. That doesn't matter; the book itself sounds so so so so awesome and right up my alley. I cannot say in words how excited I am for it. 

5. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Jennifer E. Smith
(January 2012)
Again, this sounds like exactly my cup of tea. Love, awesomeness, airports, a novel that takes place in a day (LOVE THOSE) etc etc. I've already heard such great things about it. WANT WANT WANT.

Five Published Books (in no real order):
6. Songs for A Teenage Nomad
Kim Culbertson
I am a total sucker for playlists and soundtracks, which is why this book sounds so incredibly appealing to me. It's actually one I've been meaning to read for BASICALLY FOREVER and I should... yeah, I should do that. (I always feel guilty when I'm really excited and wanting to read a book and then I never do it.)

7. What Alice Forgot
Liane Moriarty
This grown-up book by the sister of Jaclyn Moriarty (The Year of Secret Assignments, anybody?) sounds deliciously hilarious, if that's a thing. And also a little bittersweet. Life! Amnesia! Memory loss! Want want want want want.

8. Are You Going to Kiss Me Now?
Sloane Tanen
This book, about a girl who ends up trapped on a deserted island with some of her favorite celebrities, sounds like at best it'll be STUPENDOUSLY HILARIOUS AND AMAZING and at worst amusing, neither of which are bad. It's flown in a bit under the radar and I need it in my life.

9. Dreaming of Amelia
Jaclyn Moriarty
You guys, I didn't even know this book existed until one of you lovely commenters (who was it? I don't remember) told me about it. And it seems like a difficult book to get (out of print maybe? hard to tell), but that just makes me more determined. I'll probably read this book I found out about last week before any of the books I've known about for years. 

10. In Zanesville: A Novel
Jo Ann Beard
Sara Zarr mentioned this one on her blog, and really that's all it takes. But it's also about best friends and ordinaryness and it sounds absolutely perfect for me.

16 comments:

  1. The Disenchantments!! I'm so stoked for that too, along with The List. NTKOG was amazing :) And Dreaming of Amelia is just the Aussie version of Ghosts of Ashbury High (#4 in that series) I'm not sure if you've seen it around :)
    And books that take place in a single day/night are seriously the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite liked What Alice Forgot... which put me onto Jaclyn Moriarty's books which I really enjoy as well. Most of your five yet to be published sound awesome, definitely adding them to my watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight made my top 10 list too. I am going to have to add some of your books to my list as I am loving the sound of them. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES to THE LIST! This is a must-read for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Nina LaCour cover, and lol your list makes me want to read books that are already out like Hold Still and Same Difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for contemporary YA. fantastic list--you're in for some wonderful reading :)

    i hope you can stop by and check out my top ten list this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Lots of great books on this list! Thank you.

    It was easy to put together my Top Ten list this week,Top Ten Books That Are at the Top of My TBR for Fall! And tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the Readerbuzz August Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone already beat me to it, but Dreaming of Amelia is, indeed, published in the U.S. as The Ghosts of Ashbury High.

    I also think you'll really like Songs for a Teenage Nomad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list, most I didnt know. Checking them out now.

    Yara @ Once Upon a Twilight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Siobhan Vivian's amazing! I reviewed Not that Kind of Girl on my blog - it's great. I didn't realize she had a new one coming out. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice list! Lots on here that I haven't heard of but the titles are intriguing so I'm going to be looking them up ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What? I a non-contemporary made your list?! ;) I've heard wonderful things about What Alice Forgot! I tried to get it from my library but alas I'll be on hold for awhile. =P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Audrey
    Ah! I did not know that they are the same book - hahah, silly me! I've ordered the UK version used so I'm hoping I like it. And I still need to read NTKOG

    1girl2manybooks
    Oooh, glad to hear someone liked What Alice Forgot - makes me even more excited about eventually reading it.

    Jan von Harz
    Thanks!

    Jessica Lawlor
    Doesn't it sound AMAZING?

    April (Books & Wine)
    If you haven't read Hold Still yet, DO NOT DELAY. Seriously. It's mind-blowingly great in basically the saddest way possible.

    chelleyreads
    LOL, I'm all about the contemporary YA reads.

    Deb Nance
    Thanks!

    Clementine Bojangles
    Man, I really really need to read Songs for A Teenage Nomad, don't I?

    TwilightsDance
    Thanks!

    anonymeet
    I'm PUMPED for it.

    booknympho
    Thanks!

    thatcovergirl
    LOL, yes. I do actually like other genres. Like SCI-FI - Beth Revis' series totally fits the bill for my Trekkie self.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my list, I've still not got to my copy of across the universe, maybe I shouldve put that on my list lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm psyched about the Beth Revis as well because I like Across the Universe a whole lot more than I expected to. I just bought a copy of In Zanesville as well.

    Come check out my list for the week here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved Across the Universe and can hardly wait for A Million Suns. It's a shame it's not coming out until next year!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete