Sunday, August 14, 2011

In My Mailbox: HERE ARE SOME BOOKS.

BOOKS.
Gift: Thank you SO MUCH to Liz over at Consumed By Books for sending me this one. I've heard great things about it. Also, does the cover remind anyone else of a shampoo ad?

Book Trade: I have a long-standing love of books written in verse and always love to see how it's done. After reading Hooked, which also tackled the subject of teen pregnancy, I'm looking forward to reading a book written in verse on the same subject. 

Bought: I've been trying to slowly accumulate every Series of Unfortunate Events book and was able to get two more this week, which means the shelf for them is BECOMING QUITE FULL. Also a bunch of other books I am seriously seriously seriously seriously excited about. Another Terra Elan McVoy book! And Sharon Creech! AHHHHHHH!!!! I would say more stuff about these books but I am very very tired, so you'll have to make do with some shiny covers instead.

5 comments:

  1. The Best And Hardest Thing looks really good! Haven't read HOOKED yet either, but books about pregnancy definitely intrigue me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virtuosity looks like it's going to be awesome. I can't wait to get to my copy.

    I also love the cover for The Unfinished Angel.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome books! i really want to read the summer of firsts and lasts. enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for VIRTUOSITY! And I also got a few of the Series of Unfortunate Events books. I finished my series in hardcover, yay! Great IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I think Virtuosity would make for an EXCELLENT shampoo ad. I'm intrigued about Virtuosity now after reading a tweet about it on Twitter and seeing it here, too!

    PS - I'm interviewing the cover designer for The Unfinished Angel soon. =)

    ReplyDelete