Saturday, June 30, 2012

All The Books (June 30th)

Well, it's been a while since I've done an All The Books post and my ALA recap seems to cover most of it. BUT NOT ALL! No, no, not all. There are a few bookish things I'm super excited about.

READING
I recently read The Best Night Of Your (Pathetic) Life, by Tara Altebrando and am right smack-dab in the middle of (re)reading Everything on A Waffle, by Polly Horvath, which was one of my favorite books I read as a kid. I'm loving it so much this time around as well and was shocked when me and my sister looked at the copyright date and discovered it was only published in 2001 -- it seems much older to me, though I'm not sure why. Anyway, if you haven't read it, I really suggest it, especially if you like smart, bittersweet, funny children's novels. (I guess this one would probably be considered middle grade.)
BOOK COVERS

If you haven't seen them yet, the new covers for Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me series are absolutely breathtaking. Pretty much exactly what I was hoping for; they fit the story so well, so much better than the generic cover the hardcover of Shatter Me has. I'm totally buying a paperback of Shatter Me when it hits shelves.

BOOK DEALS
I've come to love Robin Palmer's contemporary retellings of fairy tales and her deal for a Sleeping Beauty-inspired contemporary YA titled ONCE UPON A KISS has me all kinds of excited. Plus, it has a fun time-twist element that reminds me of Prada & Prejudice.

No comments:

Post a Comment