Sunday, January 9, 2011

What I Love About Book People...

...is that they're all so excited! Seriously. I've been at ALA's Midwinter meeting this weekend and talking to fellow bloggers, lots of librarians, and publishing people has shown me that EVERYONE LOVES BOOKS SO MUCH. 

& I love that.

In the past couple of days I've had discussions about the Gallagher Girls series, all the upcoming dystopian novels. I've talked about Lynne Rae Perkins (author of the amazing Criss Cross and even more amazing All Alone in the Universe), who apparently has a YA title out now (!!!). I've had conversations about Sarah Dessen, All Across the Universe, and fangirled over the Betsy-Tacy-Tib books with other bloggers. 

IT HAS BEEN GREAT.

Like many diehard readers (ahem. DIEHARD!!) there aren't a lot of people in my day-to-day, in-person life that are as crazy about books as I am and it's wonderful to talk to others who are just as crazy about books as I am. 

so yeah. ALSO! sidebar poll, please answer it. 
ALSO! I'll quite possibly be doing a more in-depth ALA post later on in the week.

6 comments:

  1. Very jealous too! I don't have any real book lovers in my life but I do have an amazing best friend who lives across the ocean who I get to fawn over books with via skype. still it would be nice to know more readers in person, that's why i love blogging so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous and lao glad you had such a great time. I hope you do a post on the books. Did you get Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma? I want that book so badly, something about it just has me completely intrigued, plus Courtney Summers called it amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How exciting it must have been. I hope you post the books as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so know what you mean! Luckily, one of my best friends LOVES books HARDCORE....She read 200 something books last year! Crazy, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I would have seen you there!

    ReplyDelete