Thursday, January 13, 2011

That Moment.

(via weheartit)

I love that feeling I get... that feeling when I have an unopened book in my hand. I like that moment before the cover is pulled back, before I read that first word, first sentence.

That moment when it's still so full of possibility. Endless.

It could be the best book I've ever read. Every word could be incredible, golden, untouchable.

I love that feeling. Not knowing what's going to happen, who the characters are going to be, or if I'm going to be adding another awesome author to my ever-growing list of awesome authors.

Sometimes I'm disappointed.
Sometimes I'm not.
Sometimes I'm completely, utterly blown away by the splendor of what I'm reading.

The last book this happened with was Matched, by Ally Condie. Before that it was Courtney Summer's Fall for Anything. (Both of which you must read.) And now I'm sitting in front of so many wonderful, shiny, new books. I know I will love some of them. I don't how many, or which ones, but I know there's something great in there.

& this is only one of many, many things I love about books and about reading. that moment of possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment