Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Writing: Prom & School

Project: sidekicks

Wordcount: 20,000

Apologies for this post being a day late. And also so short and boring. I'm writing the prom scenes in sidekicks, which is something I never thought I'd include in my stories. But it's sort of pivotal here. It's new and unusual for me to write a novel that takes place during the school year and this one starts about a month before summer, which means there are a lot of scenes that take place in or around school. There's talk of homework and teachers and extracurriculars and prom. And it's strange to be writing, but it's also, in a weird way, really fun. I've always struggled with writing schooltime stuff and am in awe of any authors who can pull it off, because it's way too easy to make these scenes as tedious as high school actually can be at times. But I feel like if I can get it right it'll be a big accomplishment for me.

So, you know, I'm working on it.

Also I'm tired. If this post doesn't make much sense, blame that.

3 comments:

  1. That's so funny your books feature high school students but not high school! I can understand why, but it's cool that you're pushing yourself in a billion ways with this novel. Excited to read the prom scene someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yeah, writing school scenes is so hard for me that I usually end up just setting everything in summer. It's easier to deal with.

      Delete
  2. writeting in school is hard for me and i whist some one well heip me

    ReplyDelete