Sunday, July 24, 2011

In My Mailbox: Featuring Comic-Con Books =)

BOOKS.
For Review: You guys, I have definitely been stalking the mailbox in anticipation of this book. A bajillion thanks to Jennifer at Smart Pop Books for sending me a copy for review. I couldn't wait to start reading it and YOU GUYS IT IS AMAZING TRULY AMAZING I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!


Book Blogger Trade: Thanks so much to Cade for sending me these -- they're both books that I've had on my wishlist for a while. I've heard Khy raving about Mostly Good Girls forever and Hourglass is the type of sci-fi I'm really excited to read. I basically just keep staring at these books on my shelves and feeling really really happy that I get to read them. 

ARCs from Comic-Con: Yes! I went to Comic-Con on Thursday! It was stellar except for the fact that I didn't get into the Psych panel. ALL OF THE LINES ARE SO INSANE!!! But anyway, about the books. I absolutely loved loved loved Matched and am thrilled to have an advance copy of Crossed. I also got to meet Marie Lu, author of upcoming Legend, and get a signed ARC. She was super-nice and gracious and I can't wait to read both of these books.

Bought at Comic-Con: DINOSAUR COMICS!!! SIGNED!!! And it's called Dudes Already Know About Chickens!

8 comments:

  1. AHHHHHH you got CROSSED! Jealously x3398231 up in here. Can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha, I *love* Dinosaur comics; that collection looks AWESOME.

    Also, super jealous you got to go to Comic-Con. I'd love to go to one someday, but I'm ridiculously scared of crowds, so even just looking at pictures of the con make me want to hyperventilate. Maybe one day. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Jessica's jealousy re: Crossed. I want it. Now.

    I think you'll really like Mostly Good Girls. It's strong, well-written contemporary YA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ones :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my IMM! Mostly Good Girls looks awesome! I hope you enjoy all you got and happy reading!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous that you got Crossed and Legend. Those are two books on my wish-list! I absolutely loved Matched, and Legend just sounds so amazing! Happy reading this week, and thanks for commenting on my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica Lawlor
    Haha YES!! I am quite jazzed about it. It looks like it's told from both Cassia AND Ky's POVs, which is a surprise to me. Hopefully it's as good as the first book.

    MichieBee
    Dinosaur Comics = the awesomest. Also, yeah, Comic-Con is CRAZY PACKED. Honestly I love going, but I'm typically not able to get into the panels I want just because of how long the lines are and me not willing to wait in a line for like... four hours or however long.

    Clementine Bojangles
    YAY for more Mostly Good Girls love. I'm excited to read it. And Crossed!

    LibrarySnake
    Thanks!

    Jessica
    Thanks!

    YA Book Nook
    They both seem so awesome, don't they? I'm really excited about getting to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a nice list of books in your mailbox this week. Mostly Good Girls looks like it could be a good book. I will have to look it up.
    Happy Reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete