Sunday, July 17, 2011

In My Mailbox: Books! With the best covers!

BOOKS.
Bookswap: Alright, so I got some books from Bookswap that I either already had or at least had the ARC of. This is only because I'm not a fan of the paperback version of The Hunger Games and also that reversible Across the Universe cover? I adore it muchly and am definitely using the blue spaceship side. The third book, however, I haven't read but have heard great things about and am really excited for. And the cover, omg.


Review: Not gonna lie, I'm ridiculously excited about the books I got this week. All of them really and that most definitely includes this one, which has been on my wishlist ever since I heard about it. It sounds terribly similar to a story I've always wanted to write (and started writing like five times) and instead of being upset that someone else wrote it I'm just crazy excited to read it. Also, can we just take a moment to appreciate this wonderful cover? I'm in love with it a little bit. I think this is the week of beautiful covers.

Gift: Thanks a million to Clementine for sending me this book, one I've heard mixed reviews on but that I've been wanting and that sounds really interesting in the best sort of way. It's a story I don't think I've seen before.

Such lovely books! Also I have a trade list over here of books I'm hoping to send to good homes if you want to check that out. :)

10 comments:

  1. Great books you got this week. Across the Universe is pretty good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like The Hunger Games cover either. It does this weird flip up thing. I'm tempted to get the hard cover too so that it matches Catching Fire and Mockingjay.

    I just added The Probability of Miracles to my Goodreads List. It sounds really good. I hope you enjoy all of your books!

    - Joli

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover of Vaclav and Lena, too. :)

    I didn't realize the Across the Universe cover is reversible at first and was trying to swap out a blue cover book for the other one when someone kindly showed me that they're actually the same....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Vaclav and Lena. Just a simple, perfectly-executed book. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca
    I really liked AtU and am so glad I have the hardcover now... it's so shiny.

    Actin' Up with Books
    Exactly... the weird flippy cover was just to annoying for me. The only bad thing is that the hardcover I have has no dust jacket... considering taking the dust jackets off of all of my Hunger Games books.

    Susanna
    HAHA hilarious. Yeah, the first thing I did when the AtU came in the mail was swap the faces cover for the blue spaceship one. I think that's supposed to be the "boy" cover (for Elder), but whatever. I love it.

    Stephanie
    OH yay! I hope I love it too and I think I will... it sounds like my style of book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember getting all excited when I found out that the cover for Across the Universe was reversible. I love books with details like that! I've heard many wonderful things about The Probability of Miracles, so I hope you really enjoy it! :)

    With Love and Fishes,
    Aryelle at ReadingwiththeFishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh, I just wish for more Hunger Games! Such a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books!!!! I love love love Hunger Games!!!! I cant wait for the movie!! I really hope they do it justice! :)
    Enjoy!!!

    My IMM:
    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. They really are fantastic covers :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox_17.html

    ReplyDelete