Sunday, June 26, 2011

In My Mailbox & More on the Audiobook

BOOKS.
For Review: Last week I received the audiobook of this one for review, and this week the hardcover came in the mail. Surprise! 

ARIGHT SO! Last week I figured I'd give the audiobook of this a try -- I've heard all kinds of good things about the book itself, but I'm still not sold on the idea of listening to the audiobook. I'm not sure how much I like the story so far (and I haven't listened to much of it), but more importantly listening to audiobooks just feels awkward to me. Especially after seeing the first few pages of the actual book I'd so much rather read and see if I like it than listen to the audio, which will probably always be weird to me. So, we'll see.

6 comments:

  1. Haha, audio AND hardcover? I did that with the first three ..in Death-novels. :)

    Hope you'll enjoy the books!

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not that big on audio books either. The narrator never has the right voice. I like to be able to voice the characters in my head. Plus, why would I listen to someone read me a book when I'm perfectly capable of reading it myself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of audiobooks either, the narrator's voice usually annoys me. x3 I prefer reading myself.

    This book sounds awesome! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great week. I want to read Blood Red Road. Hope you like the audio book more than you expect.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you should read along while listening? I thought about doing this. I'm currently listening to Ellen Hopkins' Impulse on audio, and it is fantastic. I was hesitant about it at first because listening to a book seems so weird, but I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete