Thursday, June 16, 2011

A New Playlist: Fame

In honor of finishing a draft of the sister story and not quite being ready to rewrite/revise either of the two novels I still have going, I'm STARTING A NEW STORY. This one is kind of scary because I haven't had the idea for very long (and usually I have ideas for years before they actually work), but I'm hoping that sheer determination will see me through. That, and this magnifique playlist. The story (it'll probably be known as #famestory on Twitter) is a contemporary YA -- of course -- about a girl who used to be a child star.

AND HERE'S THE PLAYLIST. It really literally took me all day because these playlists for my novels always do.

  1. After Hours, by We Are Scientists
  2. Trust Your Stomach, by Marching Band (which I can't find on YouTube at all for some reason)
  3. Mobile, by Avril Lavigne
  4. Fences, by Paramore
  5. Footballer's Wife, by Amy MacDonald
  6. I Turn My Camera On, by Spoon
  7. Price Tag, by Xenia (The Voice performance) (the song doesn't start until 1:07)
  8. The Fear, by Lily Allen
  9. The Golden Age, by The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
  10. Drop the Other, by Emika
  11. The Moneymaker, by Rilo Kiley
  12. I Am Not A Robot, by Marina & the Diamonds
  13. One Girl Revolution, by Superchick
  14. Paparazzi, by Lady Gaga
  15. Crazy Beautiful Life, by Kesha
  16. Everybody Loves Me, by One Republic
  17. That's Not My Name, by The Ting Tings
  18. The Tide Is High (Get the Feeling), by Atomic Kitten
  19. Falling Down, by Selena Gomez
  20. Piece of Me, by Britney Spears
I always really love making the playlists for my novels; it's easily one of my favorite parts of the whole process.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the new novel!

    You've got some good songs on that list. I'm always so excited when I see Marina & the Diamonds mentioned anywhere. I love her so much it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clementine Bojangles
    Thanks! I'm actually not sure what it's going to turn into... it could be a novel or it could be a short story or it could be some sort of in-between thing. It's just really fun to write.

    ReplyDelete