Saturday, December 24, 2011

Five: Books I Can't Wait For in 2012

Please remember: these books aren't in any sort of order. I'm looking forward to all of them so, so much.

1. The Disenchantments
Nina LaCour
(February)
I love love loved Nina LaCour's debut novel, Hold Still, and this one sounds similarly awesome with a music-and-roadtrip premise and, of course, LaCour's stellar writing. Here's hoping it lives up to expectations.

2. Something Like Normal
Trish Doller
(June)
I can't even tell you guys how long I've been waiting for a book of Trish Doller's to be published. When I heard she'd gotten a book deal for Something Like Normal I did a little happy dance. Every excerpt she shares of her WIPs are awesome and I cannot wait to read Travis' story. 

3. Cinder
Marissa Meyer
(January)
A space book! A space book! *flails about* Despite not exactly loving the traditional Cinderella story, this one sounds crazy awesome and I've already heard plenty of good things about it. Yayayayayayayyyyy!!!!!

4. The List
Siobhan Vivian
(April)
Everyone please go read the description of this book and then tell me if that doesn't sound like the best story ever. I love that there are so many main characters and that it takes on the subject of body image - how the girls see themselves as well as how others see them. 

5. Bittersweet
Sarah Ockler
(January)
This one is a bit of a cheat since I've actually already read it (but I don't own a copy yet and it's not published yet so it still counts, right?), but I couldn't help myself. It's just so good. It has winter! And snow! WINTER!!! Also cupcakes and skating and a dreams and family and friendships and boys. It's battling Twenty Boy Summer for my favorite Sarah Ockler book. I suggest you read it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Jordyn! It means a lot to me that you've been along for the ride this whole time. :)

    ReplyDelete