Saturday, July 21, 2012

All The Books - July 21, 2012

THIS WEEK IN READING
I'm a little surprised that I only read one book this week, especially considering that The Help is actually a fairly fast read -- mostly because it's all but impossible to put down. My friend had told me that it's even better than the movie, and she was right. Since this isn't a YA book I won't be reviewing it on the blog, but it's one that you should read if you haven't already: the voices of Skeeter, Aibileen, and Minny are distinct; the story is greatly captivating; and the writing is more than solid. I so enjoyed it.

BOOKS I WANT
This one (a sort-of retelling of Romeo and Juliet) has been on my radar for quite a while. Though I'm not so much a fan of the cover (weird, bland, almost-kissing), the story itself sounds really intriguing. Plus, check out the paperback cover -- is it not so much better?)

BOOKS COVERS
Ah, I love the cover for this anthology. Having read a few of the stories in the book I'm not really sure how well the cover fits (the book is quite a bit darker, in my opinion). Still, this cover is totally eye-catching and awesome.

I was so excited to see the cover for Scarlet, Marissa Meyer's sequel to Cinder. I love the red cape (Red Riding Hood!) and like how it matches the Cinder cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment