Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Five: Serafina, Star Trek, and Revisions

There are quite a few bloggers who do something like this on Fridays, most notably the mucho talented Sarah Dessen, and since I don't think anyone has "claim" to this particular meme (correct me if I'm wrong though), so I'm STEAAALLLING IT.

huzzah! observe the theivery!
  1. I'm rereading the hilarious and sweet and incredibleamazing SERAFINA, by Susie Day. (You might know this book as BIG WOO if you're outside of the U.S. Or, like mostly everyone, you probably don't know this book and THAT IS FOR SHAME!!) This is one of my favorite books, I'm seriously disappointed by the number of people who haven't read it (the only people I know who have read it have been friends I've forced it upon... KHY, GET READING!!), and seriously go find yourself a copy. The reading of this book makes me more insane and crackyheaded than I even normally am so SOZ BOUT THAT.
  2. JUST RECENTLY WATCHED STAR TREK (2009) OMG. I love Star Trek. It is maybe too awesome for words. What is with the 60s that they had SUCH GREAT SHOWS (Gilligan's Island, Star Trek, and of course Get Smart). And why is the reboot of Star Trek sooooo good (also: Chris Pine as Captain Kirk.) while the reboot of Get Smart is so NOT? I spammed Twitter like crazy while watching the movie, so thanks to my followers for putting up with two hours of hashtag-startrek tweets.
  3. TWO EXAMS NEXT WEEK and that's all I'll say about that because I don't enjoy talking about school.
  4. Am revising (rewriting) the spy book, which is sort of called SPY CHICK. I've switched the tense/POV from third person past to first-person present and then to third again, so we'll see how that goes.
  5. I had the song "Original Prankster" stuck in my head for most of today, and it reminds me ever so much of the Pranksmen on 30 Rock. YANNO. Also my TV shows are coming back and I love television.

1 comment: