Monday, August 30, 2010

The Right Words: Goodbye, my friend.

This week's quote is from THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO TELL YOU, by Heather Duffy-Stone.

It's like she's mad at me for everything that's wrong in the world. It's like she's mad at me for breathing. And there's nothing I can say. I'm trying so hard to keep our friendship. What happened to it?

Oh, gosh. This one about makes me want to cry. Because I had a long, horrible, tear-inducing friendship breakup. And I was mad at her for so much and she was mad at me for so much. And sometimes it was like nothing she could say was right and nothing I could do was right because we'd already gone so far, broken so much between us. And I was trying so hard to keep our friendship, but in the end I just couldn't. It was too much.

~~I'd love for you to participate in this feature! And if you do talk about a quote you're particularly fond of, leave your link below so I can check out your blog!

Also, my YA Lit Chat buddy, Kelsey Sutton, is having a giveaway on her blog. SO YOU SHOULD DEFINIZZIE CHECK THAT OUT.

1 comment:

  1. I just posted this one on my own blog, from Great Expectations. It was my favourite passage and inspired me for my WIP...
    "I'll tell you," said she, in the same passionate whisper, "what real love is. It is blind devotion, unquestioning self-humiliation, utter submission, trust and belief against yourself and against the whole world, giving up your whole heart and soul to the smiter - as I did!"
    (http://thewordthief.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete