Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Writing - Rewrite


In some ways this rewrite is nothing, but in many other ways it is everything and the hardest total rewrite I've done yet. Hard not because of the particular book (it's not the most difficult I've written), but because of other things, things attached to this book that don't have a lot to do with the actual work. Because of pressure and wanting everything to be just right and worrying so much about missing the mark. I have given myself a Nov. 1 deadline and if I write a thousand words a day I can just barely squeak in under the deadline, but it doesn't allow for missed days or much time to reread and re-vamp the book after the last word goes down.

I AM GOING TO DO THIS.
I AM GOING TO DO THIS.
I AM GOING TO DO THIS.

If When I go crazy in the meantime... well, that's just the price I have to pay.

3 comments: