Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Contemporary Recommendations

I was talking to a fellow blogger recently who asked for some contemporary YA recommendations and after I sent her a big ole list, I decided to share some recommends with the blog. Because there are so many great books out there and while I'm sure you've read some of them, you probably haven't read all of them.

Feel-Good Stories for Happy, Sunshine-y Days
  1. Geek Charming, by Robin Palmer
  2. The Lonely Hearts Club, by Elizabeth Eulberg
  3. serafina67 *urgently requires life*, by Susie Day
  4. The Year of Secret Assignments, by Jaclyn Moriarty
  5. Tweet Heart, by Elizabeth Rudnick
Only the Very Best Stories With Kick-A Protagonists
  1. Leverage, by Joshua C. Cohen (Kurt Brodsky FOR THE WIN)
  2. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, by E. Lockhart (Frankie Landau-Banks)
The Best Stories Featuring Fame and Celebrities
  1. The Real Real, by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
  2. Where She Went, by Gayle Forman
  3. Exclusively Chloe, by J.A. Yang
  4. Teen Idol, by Meg Cabot
  5. Scarlett Fever, by Maureen Johnson
Inspirational, Awe-Inspiring Stories
  1. Before I Fall, by Lauren Oliver
  2. Sea, by Heidi R. Kling
  3. The First Part Last, by Angela Johnson
  4. The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things, by Carolyn Mackler
  5. Deadline, by Chris Crutcher
I have a few other categories to do (and suggest any if you have suggestions), but those will have to wait for another post. 

4 comments:

  1. Great list! I'll have to add some of these to my wishlist! What about Anna and The French Kiss, have you read that one? My favourite book of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED The Year of Secret Assignments. I'm glad I'm not the only one shoving it...er recommending it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belle
    Oh yes, LOVE Anna. It didn't fit perfectly in any of these categories, but it's definitely one of my favorites of the year. The author's second book is the first I've ever wanted enough to pre-order!

    Jenny
    Haha yesssss, that book is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really sweet. I think a lot of people in the book blogging community (including myself!) really look up to you. I'm always checking out your blog help posts and such to answer some questions I may have. Thanks for everything :)
    domain registration india

    ReplyDelete