Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - Sisterhood Everlasting

I hardly ever do a Waiting on Wednesday, but I can't not talk about this one. I absolutely loved the first four in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series and am insanely excited and nervous about this fifth installment that picks up ten years later. As much as I love these girls, it's going to be hard to deal with them not ending up where I wanted them to. I have high hopes for this novel but a huge fear that it won't live up to those hopes. In either -- any -- case, I can't wait to read it when it comes out in June.

3 comments:

  1. WHAT???? YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

    I loved the first two books when I was a teenager. I think that I got distracted by the time the next two came out, or at least the fourth. So I'll have to read the whole series in a row before this is released. Cannot believe there is a fifth novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I not know about this book? I consider myself pretty tuned-in to the book world, and as a huge fan of Brashares, I can't believe I missed this.

    My initial reaction was "No," but now that I'm thinking about it, I'm kind of like, "Yes." (Part of me is still sore about the Sweet Valley ten years later debacle, and that's influencing my waffling about the existence of this book.)

    Obviously I'll be reading this book.

    QUESTION: Have you read The Last Summer (of You and Me)?

    (Sorry this comment is so schizophrenic.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoë
    YES, READ THEM ALL!!!!

    Clementine Bojangles
    It's being pubbed as adult fic instead of YA like the others were -- maybe that's why you didn't know about it?

    ALSO: yes! I have read The Last Summer. It was beautiful but pretty sad and depressing; I definitely like the Sisterhood series much more. AND I LOVE SCHIZO COMMENTS.

    ReplyDelete