Wednesday, April 6, 2011

TEN THINGS ON WEDNESDAY

  1. One of my classes this week met at BN in the children's section and one of the girls made some comment about how lame it is for 20-somethings to be sitting in the children's section. Hmmph.
  2. I keep having to fold clothes. Because I keep doing laundry. I swear, I never think these things through.
  3. At this point my novel is basically a scramble of chapters that don't really flow from one to the other because OMG YOU GUYS, DUAL POV IS HAAARD. Also one of my main characters kind of has a potty mouth. OMG.
  4. I am in love love love with this picture book. LOVE, I TELL YOU.
  5. Reason #53 I love Twitter: a few weeks back I had a conversation with ALLY CARTER (!!!) and an editor from Egmont (!!!) about Friday Night Lights. How else could that ever ever happen?
  6. And speaking of Friday Night Lights, I tried so hard to watch the movie. It had Tim McGraw in it! And Connie Britton! And that guy who plays Buddy Garrity! But... I fell asleep. Partly this is because I was super-tired and partly because the movie just wasn't that interesting to me. 
  7. Also, I recently watched about half of The Switch, which also wasn't interesting to me and I ended up watching The Cosby Show instead. (The Pixar Story, on the other hand, is great. Definitely recommended for all of us creative types.)
  8. Have listened to "The Golden Age" by The Asteroids Galaxy Tour about forty times in the last couple of days. It's the song from that beer commercial with the magician/dancer guy and the karate man. And it's awesome.
  9. A while back my mom bought me a dream journal, but I keep forgetting to write in it in spite of having incredibly detailed (and often very weird or terrifying or... bizarre) dreams. I would tell you about them because I really believe my dreams are interesting, but I'm trying to remember that the rest of the world maybe doesn't agree. BUT THEY SO ARE.
  10. I really want to watch iOMG. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I would've been very tempted to pick up the heaviest children's book I could find and drop it on that girl's head!

    ReplyDelete