Saturday, July 27, 2013

55 Reading Questions (1-10)


To help myself get back int blogging I'm going to be answering 55 reading questions, from this tumblr over here, starting with the first ten today.

1. Favorite childhood book? 
I have quite a few, but I think if I absolutely positively had to choose one favorite childhood book I'd have to go with Sharon Creech's Bloomability. Although Lynne Rae Perkin's All Alone in the Universe and Katherine Patterson's Bridge to Terabithia are right up there, too. I have such big feelings about these books.

2. What are you reading right now? Nothing. I just finished Balancing Acts, by Zoe Fishman last night though.


3. What books do you have on request at the library? None.


4. Bad book habit?Oh, I don't know. My worst one is that I sometimes finish books I'm not really feeling, but I've gotten a lot better at that in the past year or so.


5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?Nothing.


6. Do you have an e-reader?I have an iPad, but I really don't read ebooks. I had a Kindle but I gave it to my sister because she loves reading on the Kindle and I much much much MUCH prefer paper books.


7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?One at a time. Anyone who reads more than one book at a time is FULL OF CRAZY.


8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?Only in that I'm more aware of what's out there and what I really want to read. It has both broadened my reading horizons and refined what I choose to read.


9. Least favourite book you read this year (so far)?You, Maybe, by Rachel Vail. One of those books that I really wasn't feeling but I just *had* to find out how it ended.


10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?Well, that's nearly impossible. I've had a handful of five-star reads this year and it's so difficult to choose between Jessi Kirby's Golden, Geoff Herbach's I'm With Stupid, and Sarah Dessen's The Moon and More. They were all brilliant and wonderful in their own ways. ("You're both better but different in different but better ways.") So I have to pass on this one, although I'm sure the Dessen novel will be the one I end up rereading most, because I do love Dessen.


2 comments:

  1. I love Sharon Creech too, although I could never get through Bloomability... but all her others, I adored when I was younger, especially Walk Two Moons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Bloomability is my FAAAAAVORITE. She's definitely one of the greats in my mind.

      Delete