Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Want to Hug This Book: Bittersweet


For a couple of reasons*, I'm not going to be writing a review of Bittersweet. But I couldn't very well let its publication pass without some sort of fanfare, could I? No. No, I could not. Bittersweet is Sarah Ockler's third book and if you're an Ockler fan no doubt you already want to read it. If by some chance you've not read anything by this fantastic author yet though, let me suggest starting with Bittersweet. It's wonderful. It's beyond wonderful. This book is sweet, complicated, cozy... absolutely adorable and amazing. As much as I love Twenty Boy Summer -- which is a lot -- I think I might actually love Bittersweet even more, if it's possible. Hudson is the type of main character I want to be best friends with and her world is populated by incredible and unique characters I can't help but love.

Bittersweet is the best example of everything right with contemporary YA and I love it love it love it. I want to shove it in all of your hands and force you to read it. READ IT!!

*Full Disclaimer: Not only did I read this book back when it was in the manuscript stage, but Sarah Ockler also beta read my current novel. I love Bittersweet so incredibly much, but feel like there might be too much conflict of interest for me to feel okay about reviewing it.



Twittersweet

1 comment: