I'm a little distracted at the moment, so forgive me for the fact that this Tuesday Ten post doesn't have the usual pictures/links/descriptions. The theme this week is "books that broke your heart a little," and this week I'm going super-simple with just the title/author and the briefest of descriptions.
1. Splendor, by Anna Godberson - EVERYTHING WENT HORRIBLE OMG THIS ENDING. *dies*
2. Bridge to Terabithia, by Katherine Patterson - This might have been the first book that really truly wrecked me. Prior to reading it I had no idea what it was about and those two chapters about the fastest kid in fifth grade? SO SAD.
3. Before I Fall, by Lauren Oliver - I just kept hoping for a different outcome.
4. Gone With the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell - When certain people in this book died, there were many tears.
5. Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott - BETH!!!
6. Hold Still, by Nina LaCour - Oh goodness. This book just had so much emotion in it; the desperate feelings of Ingrid come through so clearly.
7. Leverage, by Joshua C. Cohen - Brutal.
8. Shine, Lauren Myracle - Drug use!! Horrible, horrible horrible drugs!
9. Twenty Boy Summer, by Sarah Ockler - I realize the awful sadness comes at the beginning of this book, but it hit me really, really hard. Poor Matt.
10. THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR SOME FUTURE TITLE, OR ELSE MAYBE THERE ARE JUST SO MANY BOOKS I CAN'T CHOOSE.