Thursday, October 20, 2011

John Green Covers

I have a few reviews to write for you guys, as well as a discussion/opinion post that's been on my mindgrapes for a while, but right now I'm too immersed in writing and Cybils reading to do much of the blogging, which is a shame. I always feel bad when I don't have a post up daily. Not because I think I need something up every day, but because if I skip a day or two it's too easy to skip a month or two. At least, for me it is.

So anyway, what do we think of the cover of John Green's upcoming book? I think it feels a bit too cheery for me, and simplistic in a kindergarten-classroom sort of way instead of a minimalist way. I like it, but I don't like it nearly as much as I'd like to. If I'm being totally honest, I like quite a few of the fan-made covers more than this actual cover.


Also, are any of you going to submit covers for the contest to design the next Abundance of Katherines paperback cover? I HOPE YOU DO. If I had any cover skills at all, I would.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, it does look a little simplistic or childish. But it's what's inside that counts...I guess. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT? That's the cover??? What are they smoking? Sooooo many of the fan-made covers blew this one out of the water. :(

    Oh well. The cover is pretty incidental. I am so excited for this book it's not even funny.

    ReplyDelete